The Mata Method
The Mata Method focuses on functional strength building, complimentary accessory work, high intensity interval training, and various endurance systems. Each day will test individuals through a blend of weights, cardio, and bodyweight training designed to achieve optimal results. The goal is to maintain an emphasis on safety, lifestyle, and training while promoting body awareness through physical strength and mental clarity. We believe longevity and wellness are the key to continued success.
What We Offer
Workouts For All Levels
(beginners » intermediate » advanced)
Flexible Class Times
(for your schedule)
A Supportive Community
(You’re part of the family)
Growing up, Sean has always had a passion for health and fitness. He started playing soccer at the age of 4 which then continued throughout high school. During his short college career challenging himself in the gym became a priority. While studying Hotel Restaurant Management in college and burnt out on studying and paying student loans his mother asked him “what do you want to do with your life?” He answered, “I want to own a gym.” So it began… Sean began picking up towels in the locker room at the Houstonian Lite while he began slowly climbing the ladder. By the time he left, he was a personal trainer, spin instructor (mic and all), and membership manager. In December of 2012 he opened Covenant with 6 members, some are still here today! In 2014 he qualified for the CrossFit regional competition as an individual. Aside from competition, Sean thoroughly enjoys engaging with the community in and outside of the gym.In 2018, Sean decided to take the gym to another level by not being affiliated to the CF brand and focusing on multiple training systems. Although CF changed his life forever, his hunger grew for more knowledge in the health and fitness industry. His number one priority is dedicated to creating a healthier lifestyle amongst fellow Houstonian’s through knowledge and experience. Along with improving his skills as a coach/trainer, Sean continues to pursue certifications offered throughout the community. If Sean is not in the gym he’s hanging out with his beautiful family. He enjoys traveling to the mountains, hanging out with Juice, or completing house projects.Certifications: Gym Jones Certified Trainer CrossFit Level 1 CrossFit Level 2 CrossFit Strongman CrossFit Kettlebell CrossFit Gymnastics Attendee of Ben Bergeron’s “Business of Excellence” Seminar Keiser Spin Certification Group X Instructors Certification
Mateo began his journey with strength and conditioning in May 2016 in search of new ways to improve his fitness level. He played soccer at a collegiate level for 4 years, so working out was a natural transition from a competitive standpoint. Mateo enjoys various competitions around the Texas area. He is a member of multiple amateur soccer teams and a regular participant of marathon races. Competition and challenging workouts is what attracted Mateo to the gym, but is the friendships and community that keep bringing him back. He enjoys seeing people from different backgrounds encourage each other to reach their personal fitness goals.During his personal time Mateo enjoys riding his motorcycle, playing soccer, hanging out with friends, and volunteering.Certifications: CrossFit L-1
In his early years Jack lived by the motto “Ball is Life” playing basketball competitively year round through high school. After high school, Jack participated in multiple intramural sports at Clemson University and after graduating returned to Houston where he transitioned to spending most of his weekends on the lake wakeboarding & wake surfing. Looking for a new challenge and motivation to his workouts after injuries from the lake begin to add up, Jack tried several of the group fitness options available in Houston. He found Covenant in 2015 and from the first day knew it was the perfect fit of community and programming. Jack begin coaching at Covenant in summer of 2019 and has enjoyed the added challenge coaching brings with it as well as getting to know Covenant members better across all class times. Jack lives in Houston with his wife Ricaé. They enjoy traveling whenever they can and promoting and experiencing all things Houston Heights when in town!Certifications:CrossFit L-1
Ready To Try A Free Class?Sign Me Up
SIGN UP FOR A FREE CLASS
Leave Your Ego Behind
Show Up & Give 100%
Repeat And Reap Results
- Unlimited + Open Gym = $245
- Unlimited = $225
- 3x p/ week = $205
- Couples Unlimited + Open Gym = $400
- Couples Unlimited = $350
- Punch Card (10 classes) = $220
Personal/Small Group Training
- Pricing varies
- Free 1-on-1 consultation
- $95 p/ month
- MWF: 1p-4p + TuTh: 7:30a-1130a
- Reservations required
- How much is it to try a class?
- It is important to us that Covenant is the right fit for you so your first two classes are FREE. Simply check our schedule, find a class that is convenient for you, reserve and lets go!
- I am new to group strength & conditioning, what should I do?
- Every class offers a beginner, intermediate and advanced option that caters to all fitness levels. We believe you should experience the structure of a class and the community that goes with it. If you would like some extra attention, our trainers are readily available to schedule personal training sessions that are convenient for you.
- What should I bring?
- Covenant Gym is an air conditioned facility but expect to sweat! Wear comfortable clothing, workout shoes and bring a water bottle. There are water stations to top off at and a shower facility for your convenience.
- How long is a class and what should I expect?
- Classes are 1-hour, which include a coach led breakdown of todays workout, warm up, tutorial of movement(s) + workout and cool down. Expect to leave feeling tired and accomplished. We are here to help you be the best you can be, so lets get it!